Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday

So I have been a little slow to post, I apologize. I have had many things going on right now, don't we all! So working out has been going well and as I mentioned I have recently changed the way I train because of a left wrist injury

Yesterday's training

Power Snatch's 4x3,2x2,3x1 145,150,160
Snatch Pulls 3x3 275, 3x2 300
Tabata Squats 135 8 rounds for 4 minutes

*Tabata = a Japanese training method of which you do as many reps of something as you can for 20 seconds then take a 10 second rest and repeat for 4 straight minutes. If you havent tried it before I suggest giving it a go as it is one of those things you should do before you die! And as you may of guessed, the Tabata method itself will probably kill you.

Today's training

Row 1000 meters on rowing machine
25 burpees (aka up downs, or squat thrusts depending on how old school you are)
row 750 meters
50 burpees
row 500 meters
75 burpees

total time 23:14

The last set of burpees was god aweful and yet incredibly torturous at the same time, how ironic.

Todays diet;

Breakfast
3 whole omega three eggs
1 scoop spark
1 scoop veggie powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 fish oil capsules

Mid am
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop casein protein powder
2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Lunch
2 cups spinach
1 can tuna in water
2 tbsp omega 3 mayo
1/4 cup diced carrots

Pre workout
10 bcaa
1 muscle fuel

Post Workout
1 scoop rehydrate
10 bcaa
1 scoop post workout recovery
1 scoop whey isolate
500 mg vitamin c
multi vitamin

Afternoon
1 power crunch bar
1 cup decaf green tea

Dinner
8 oz lean beef (93%)
2 cup spinach
2 cup mixed veggies
3 fish oil

Pre bed
3 nightime recoveries
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Pretty exciting, and yes I enjoy all my food and no I do not crave junk food. The rule of thumb with sugar is if you dont eat it, you will not crave it. But it is a drug and like any other drug you chronically consume you crave it. Want a really challenge try giving up sugar for 4 weeks and watch the pounds fall off. Think I kidding, I have seen several clients do this very thing, one guy lost over 20 lbs doing this techinque alone!

No comments: