Thursday, May 1, 2008

Todays journal

Training went well, I am currently 194 pounds at 13% bodyfat. I will compete at 178 (ish) at 6 to 8%. Which for those of you counting at home is almost 20 lbs I will drop. So without further ado, todays diet is the same as yesterdays as I do not very it that much the only difference would be after my workout with a shake that includes;

10 grams glutamine
10 grams glycine
1 scoop of Advocare's post workout recovery
1 scoop of Advocare's rehydrate
20 branched chained amino acids capsules
1 scoop of whey isolate protein

As for today's training, I did upper body and it lasted 45 minutes, I am now waiting for my beautiful wife to get home so we can take our crazy dog for a 30 minute walk before she tears our house down (the dog that is, not the wife. although she has her moments, the wife not the dog!)

Todays lifting;

1. flat bench press with a 2 second pause at bottom 6 sets with reps of 5,4,3,5,4,3
245,275,300,275,300,315 lbs.
2. pullups wearing my weighted vest 6 sets with reps of 5,4,3,5,4,3
20,30,40,30,40,45 lbs
3. standing military press 5 sets of 8,6,4,6,4
135,145,165,155,175,185
4. preacher curl 3x10
100 each set

I stagger my ab training throughout the workout while I am resting to be more efficient.

That is all the weights for today. And because of my lower calorie intake especially carbohydrates I will only be walking, not doing any intense cardio so as not to hamper my recovery ability.

On a side note, I begain training a lady today who is 84 years young. She is a fantastic lady with a great spirit and is acutally in tremendous shape. She has NEVER strength trained before today and she is again in her 80s. She will make great improvements and it just goes to show you it is never too late. She (Barbara) should be an inspiration to us all and gives me clarity as to why I do what I do. For now...........

No comments: