Monday, August 29, 2011

How the juice diet started...

So firstly, great job all of you!!! Wow I have gotten several emails and exciting stories of people either starting or getting ready to start. I will go more into depth.

The juicer I use is called "juice guru" not sure where it came from as it was my wifes. I know another great juicer is the vitamix but it is fairly expensive ($500 or so). Some of my clients (as I make them all do this in the beginning) have gone to William Sonoma and found them for around $300.

How I started and what I continue to do each morning is this:

3 celery stalks
3 large carrots
1/2 an apple
1 beet
1 cucumber

this typically makes about 10 oz of juice. I drink this on an empty stomach around 6 am and usually eat breakfast after my workout at about 8 am.

When I first started I did this exact mixture 3 times a day. NOW that is alot of cleaning! So you can make one large batch for the day BUT it needs to be stored in an air tight container or the juice starts to degredade and lose nutrients.

What I recommend is start with just juice for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack then have a regular dinner. Go for 7 days doing this then slowly start to get back on a regular eating schedule.

I am currently experiemting with 3 meals a day and actually feel much better with less bloating than i did before. I still juice for breakfast then eat 2 hours later.

Post your questions, awesome job so far, dont forget your walking!!

No comments: