With so much going on in ours lives, it's difficult to keep track of things that we really should be paying more attention to. So I thought I would outline the top 5, you get these babies down and you will be doing just fine.
1. Fish oil, and oh my god if you do not know that fish oil, more specifically omega 3s (which again more specifically DHA and EPA) are the best things ever for your body in terms of bone health, cardiovascular health, increased metabolism, joint health, helps regulate Serotonin and Dopamine levels, and maintains the cell membrane integrity of only EVERY cell in your body, just to name a few, you have no business showing your face in public.
2. Spot reduction: yeah, this is that whole myth that you do 1000 crunches and your stomach goes away. Been proven a thousand times, that this is FALSE!! And I am yelling this at the top of my lungs. If I hear one more time, "what machine gets ride of this?" as someone points to their spare tire, I am going to strangle someone with a thigh-master (also a myth!) Fat loss is systemic, meaning it comes off of your body as a WHOLE not parts here and there. Keep your sugar content low, exercise 5 to 6 hours a week with a mixture of strength and cardio then come talk to me.
3. Steady State Cardio Sucks! Yes, its pointless and all you spinner nazis can read this very carefully. Doing steady state cardio every day, WITHOUT adequate strength training will do nothing for weightloss (unless you think losing muscles counts as weight loss and is healthy) and altering your body composition. You should be doing interval cardio workouts. This is bouts of intense cardio lasting very short amounts of time and then resting for said amount of time. For example, sprint on the stairmaster as fast as you can for 30 seconds then walk very slowly, catching your breathe and wipe the puke from your little chin for the next 90 seconds and then repeat (everything except for the vomiting). Several studies have shown that your caloric expenditure is 200 to 300% higher with interval training. Kind of a no brainer.
4. ZMA-is a killer supplement that helps deepen sleep and helps to increase your immune system function. It is a combination of Zinc and Magnesium (which need to be combined together to be absorbed adequately) and is all natural. It is a not a sleeping pill it only helps deepen sleep and helps you wake up feeling more fully rested. PLUS it helps growth hormone release while you sleep which means you recover better, which means you build muscle more easily, which means your bodyfat drops, etc, etc.
5. Get your greens in! Your mother wasn't lying, green veggies are virtually no calories, filled with fiber and phytonutrients, antioxidants and more importantly they are bases! See a majority of the foods we eat, basically all proteins, most nuts and some fruits are very acidic which throws off your body's PH. This can alter your metabolism (in a bad way) and cognitive function. So that's why you need to eat more green veggies, to balance your system, and keep you regular.
Until next time.............