Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rate your level of commitment

I am reading an interesting book at the moment called, "The Heart of a Leader" by Ken Blanchard. Very good, easy read. In the last chapter I read it talks about being interested vs. being committed to something.

This could not relate better to someone achieving their fitness, exercise and aesthetic goals. ALL of us are interested in achieving a goal and looking a certain way, but very FEW are committed to actually achieving it. We all like the idea of having a special pair of pants fit a certain way, or squeezing into that wedding dress that will be as tight as a sausage casing but we really dont want to do what it takes or we are willing to do so for a short period of time.

Here is the passage I am referencing,

"many people are interested rather than committed. They talk about trying to do something, rather than actually doing it. They make lots of noise, but fail to follow up. An interested exerciser wakes up in the morning to rain and says, 'I think I'll exercise tomorrow .' A committed exerciser wakes up to rain and says, 'I better exercise inside.'

So remember, ask yourself, am I interested or committed? Do you really want to do the work to get what it takes, because its not easy I can tell you from personal experience. It is a daily struggle to maintain my looks and condition and I have had to face it my whole life. BUT I am committed to the results and what it takes. Which one are you?

No comments: