Sunday, February 1, 2009

Last newsletter....

I do realize that I had the same opening article appear in this last newsletter. It is the one about protein bars and being fooled by those. I left it in on purpose as I received so many questions about it. Several people said they would like a copy and to see it again so hence the re-print. It was not a mistake.

On to better things. It is that time of year again, and I want to make sure that we are all STILL being diligent with our exercise and nutrition regime. I am also going to give you some simple homework this week to try and help cut some calories out of your diet that are hiding you may not have known about.

Start with condiments, dressings, and sauces! These are the hidden killers and will ruin any attempts at curbing your calories. Stick to light sauces, never add anything extra, ALWAYS get them on the side and avoid heavy creams. You need to stick to oils (olive, cook with coconut as it is more stable at room temperature) and avoid thick creamy sauces.

Try this for awhile and you will be surprised at the difference. I recently did this trick and this small sacrifice is paying large dividends with my total calories!

No comments: